Gluten Free Chocolate Brownies With Cashew Icing
Get ready for a party in your mouth with these gluten-free chocolate brownies!
This is the perfect sweet treat for all chocolate addicts that can be served on family parties, friend get-togethers, or just relaxing evenings spent at home on your own.
Get your bake on.
Cook: 30 mins
What you need
- For the brownies:
- 4 oz. (115g) coconut oil, melted
- 2 eggs
- 3.3 oz. (95g) coconut palm sugar
- 3 tbsp. maple syrup or honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ tsp baking powder (gluten free if required)
- pinch salt
- 1.7 oz. (50g) unsweetened natural cocoa powder
- 4.2 oz. (120g) buckwheat flour
- For the icing:
- 2.6 oz. (75g) raw cashews, soaked*
- juice of ½ lemon
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 tbsp. plant milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
*Soak cashews in a large bowl covered with a few inches of water for at least 6 hours or overnight.
What to do
1. Preheat oven to 350F (180C) and grease an 8x8 inch baking tin with a little coconut oil.
2. Place the melted coconut oil in a large bowl, then stir in the eggs, sugar, maple syrup, vanilla extract, baking powder, salt and cocoa powder. Next, add the flour and mix well.
3. Scoop the batter into the greased baking tin and bake for about 25-30 mins. Once ready, remove from the oven and let cool completely (about 1 hour) before covering with icing.
4. To make cashew cream icing combine all of the icing ingredients together in a high-speed blender and blend until smooth. Add more milk, as needed, to thin the icing and more salt or sweetener to taste.
5. Once brownie has cooled spoon the frosting on top, cut into 9 squares and enjoy.
Nutrition per serving
Like it? Share it!