Easy Healthy Chicken Dinner Recipe
If I asked you to name a typical easy healthy chicken dinner, what would you suggest?
My guess is the old classic, chicken, rice and peas would get a mention. I've always given this meal bad-press, as it has become the go-to 'bodybuilder' stable.
This means it's also become one of the most tasteless and bland healthy options going.
Until now of course...
I've decided to 'reinvent' this classic healthy dish and put a full fat High Performance twist on it.
It's now called...
Sticky chicken with veg and mango rice. It's the perfect easy healthy chicken dinner recipe for the whole family. And it tastes sooo good!
But you might be thinking...'mango and rice, Ru?' It's true, and they are the perfect combo. And if you're not sure what the sticky chicken is all about either, then you must try out this week's new recipe. Enjoy!
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 15 mins
What to do
1. Cook the rice and set aside in a medium size bowl.
2. Meanwhile, mix the chicken with the spice blend, half the sesame seeds and a little more than half the sweet chilli sauce.
3. Heat a dry non-stick frying pan and fry the chicken for about 10 min on medium heat. Then turn the heat up and cook for another 2-3 mins, stirring often, until browned and sticky.
4. In the meantime, cut the mangetout into half and boil for about 4 mins, then drain and leave aside.
5. Mix together the sesame oil with the rest of the sweet chilli sauce to make the dressing.
6. In the medium bowl mix together the rice, rest of sesame seeds, mangetout, mango, onion and dressing.
7. Divide the rice and chicken between two plates and serve.
Nutrition per serving
Like it? Share it!