High-protein fish and pumpkin stew
Make the most of your left over pumpkins with this quick and high-protein fish and pumpkin stew recipe.
Prep: 5 mins
Cook: 15 mins
What you need
- 1 onion
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 14.1 oz. (400g) pumpkin cubes
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 14.1 oz. (400g) canned lentils
- 14.1 oz. (400g) chopped tomatoes
- 8.8 oz. (250g) cod fillets
- 4 mini naans or brown rice
- handful flat parsley, chopped
What to do
1. Cut the onion in half rings. Heat the oil in a deep-bottomed pan and fry the onion for 1 min on high heat. Add the pumpkin and garam masala and cook for 2 min.
2. In the meanwhile rinse and drain the lentils. Add the lentils and tomato cubes to the pan. Leave the lid on the pan and simmer on medium heat for 10 minutes. Stir regularly.
3. Cut the fish into pieces and add to the pan to cook for another 5 mins.
4. Bring the stew to taste with pepper and salt and sprinkle with the parsley. Serve with naan bread or rice.
Nutrition per serving
Like it? Share it!