Full moon pumpkin soup
Pumpkin soup is definitively the optimal savory Halloween dish.
Of course this nutritious pumpkin soup can make a family meal any day of the week.
It is easy to make, full of festive fall flavors and warming before an evening of trick-or-treating.
Let's get to it!
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 30 mins
What you need
- 2 onions
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1.7 lbs. (800g) pumpkin cubes
- chili flakes, to taste
- 3 1/3 cup (800ml) of water
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 10.5 oz. (300g) grilled peppers (jar)
- 10.5 oz. (300g) corn kernels
- 14.1 oz. (400g) black beans
- ½ cup (125g) crème fraiche or soy alternative
What to do
1. Chop the onions. Heat the oil in a saucepan and fry them for 3 minutes on low heat. Add the pumpkin and chili flakes and cook for anther 5 minutes on medium heat.
2. Add the water and the bouillon tablets and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and gently simmer for 20 minutes.
3. Add the grilled peppers along with the liquid from the jar and cook for another 5 minutes. Purée the soup with a hand blender until smooth.
4. Meanwhile, rinse and drain the corn and black beans. Add them to the soup and heat for another 2 minutes.
5. Divide the soup into the bowls and add 1 tsp. of cream in each. Stir gently to create a swirl and serve.
Nutrition per serving
Like it? Share it!