Gluten Free Banana Bread
Need a mid-day snack or a post workout treat? This gluten free banana bread is just the perfect option if hunger strikes unexpectedly.
It's also great companion if you just want to curl up on the sofa with a cup of tea and have some cozy time.
Either way, it's healthy, easy to make, free from gluten & dairy and of course delicious - dare you to try it!
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 60-75 mins
What you need
- 3 medium ripe bananas
- 1 banana, halved to top (optional)
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup (50 g) coconut palm sugar
- 2-3 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 ½ tsp. baking powder (gluten free)
- ¾ tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¾ cup (180 ml) unsweetened almond milk
- 1 ¼ cup (150 g) almond flour
- 2 cups (240 g) buckwheat flour
What to do
1. Preheat the oven to 350F (180C). Line a 9x5-inch loaf tin with parchment paper.
2. Mash bananas in a large bowl, then add the remaining ingredients (apart from the flours) and mix well until smooth. Finally, add the almond and buckwheat flour. Mix well until combined.
3. Transfer the batter into the loaf tin and top with the halved banana (optional). Bake in the oven for 60-75 mins, until firm and golden.
4. Remove from the oven and let cool completely before serving.
Nutrition per serving
Like it? Share it!