Omelet Wraps with Cottage Cheese Paste & Smoked Salmon Filling
Swap the traditional tortilla wraps for something light and filling like these omelet wraps. This is the kind of healthy breakfast that will get you excited when you hear the alarm go off in the morning.
Have I already mentioned that it is bloody tasty too? Well, it is! The creamy cottaged cheese paste and the richness of the smoked salmon are just a perfect combination.
There's no questions about it, this breakfast will leave you and your tastebuds satisfied right up until lunch.
And that's a wrap.
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 10 mins
What you need
- 7 oz. (200g) cottage cheese
- 4 handfuls watercress
- 1 lemon, peel only
- 6 eggs
- ¼ cup (60ml) soy milk
- 1 tsp. mixed herbs
- 4 tsp. coconut oil
- 3.5 oz. (100g) smoked salmon, chopped
What to do
1. Place the cottage cheese, watercress and lemon peel in a high bowl and puree with the hand blender (or food processor) until smooth paste forms.
2. Beat the eggs with the milk and herbs in a separate bowl.
3. Heat 1 tsp of oil in the medium size frying pan and fry 1/4 of the egg over medium heat for 2 minutes until the egg solidifies, then turn around. Bake the other side for ½ minute.
4. Remove the omelet from the pan and set aside. Fry the other omelets with the rest of the oil.
5. To serve, spread the cottage cheese paste over the omelets and top with smoked salmon. Roll up the omelet as a wrap and cut in half.
Nutrition per serving
Like it? Share it!