Healthy Sweetcorn Fritters Recipe
They're quick and easy, gluten free, low calorie and rather delicious, and all you need is 6 ingredients to make them!
These sweetcorn fritters will serve as a perfect for breakfast, lunch or snack 'on-the-go'.
For even more tastiness we suggest serving them with avocado and spicy mayo.
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 15-20 mins
What you need
- 9.8 oz. (280g) organic sweetcorn, drained
- bunch coriander, chopped
- 1 lemon, zest
- 1 cup (120g) buckwheat flour
- 3/4 cup (185ml) cold water
- 4 tsp. coconut oil
What to do
1. Place the sweetcorn in a large bowl. Add the chopped coriander and lemon zest, season with salt and pepper.
2. Next, add in the flour and water and mix well until smooth.
3. Heat 2 tsp. of the coconut oil in a large non-stick pan on high heat. Once the pan it is hot ladle in the mixture. Cook the fritters two batches of 4, or divide the oil accordingly if your pan is not big enough (1/2 tsp oil per 1 fritter).
4. Cook for about 2-3 minutes on each side until browned. The batter makes 8 medium sized fritters.
5. Serve with a side of avocado and chili yogurt (optional).
Nutrition per fritter:
Like it? Share it!