Homemade Protein Ice Cream
Who doesn't love ice-cream?
The problem is, ice-cream often gets avoided for the simple fact that it's not as healthy as we would like it to be.
But here's the good news...
When we make our own ice-cream from scratch, it doesn't need to be that way. And that's when this homemade protein ice cream recipe saves the day!
This recipe of ice-cream is very simple to put together, healthy and delicious. And if you fancy it every night, then be my guest. With only 3 main ingredients and a powerful blender, you can create something truly special for the taste buds!
Protein + Chocolate + Ice-Cream - what better combination could you possibly imagine?
Prep: 5 mins
Chill: 60 mins
What to do
1. Line a tray with baking paper, then place the sliced bananas over a single layer. Place in the freezer for 1 hour.
2. Once bananas are ready, transfers them into a high speed blender or food processor.
3. Add in cocoa powder, vanilla paste and a splash of milk, then start pulsing. Add in more* milk if necessary.
4. Now add in the whey powder and blend again until smooth.
5. Serve in bowls with your favourite toppings, such as toasted almonds and dark chocolate shavings.
*Add in only the amount of milk required to help the blender/food processor start blending and be careful not to add too much, otherwise the ice cream will turn into a slush.
Nutrition per serving
Like it? Share it!