Healthy Baked Quinoa Chicken Nuggets
Turn a classic fast-food dinner into something really tasty and healthy - introducing the Healthy Baked Quinoa Chicken Nuggets.
This recipe is so delicious and ridiculously easy and only takes a total of 45 minutes to make. With the right seasoning it will also be a hit amongst the kids, making it a perfect family dinner option. And you no longer need to feed the kid's McDonald's!
Prep: 25 mins
Cook: 20 mins
What you need
- 1 lbs. (450g) chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 1 cup (185g) cooked quinoa
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 oz. (30g) cup parmesan, grated
- 1 tbsp. dried herbs, of choice
What to do
1. Set oven to 350F (180C). Prepare a baking tray covered with baking paper and evenly spread out the cooked quinoa. Bake for around 20-25 mins, checking often and stirring to avoid burning. Once quinoa is crispy, set aside to cool.
2. Increase the oven temperature to 390F (200C).
3. Chop the chicken into chunks. Whisk the egg in a bowl together with the parmesan and herbs. Prepare a separate plate with the quinoa. Dip the chicken first in the egg, then coat with the quinoa.
4. Place the chicken nuggets on a baking tray covered with baking paper and bake for about 15-20 minutes, until chicken is cooked through.
Nutrition per serving
Like it? Share it!