Spring strawberry salad
It looks like a heat-wave is on its way!
If you're anything like me, you'll be digging out the shorts and of course the trusty BBQ.
My guess is you already know what to put onto the 'barbie'... meat, and plenty of it. The question is then, what should you make as a great tasting side...
That's when the Spring Strawberry Salad is a winner! It's a great tasting salad packed with superfoods and goes perfectly with any type of cooked meat.
With a combination of garlic, cheese, walnuts and strawberries, it hands-down beats a boring pile of spinach leaves on the side of your plate. Here's how to make it:
Prep: 10 mins
What you need
- 250g strawberries
- lambs lettuce or watercress leaves
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 clove garlic, crushed
- 100g feta or goats cheese
- 30g walnuts or almonds
What to do
1. Remove the stems from the strawberries and cut them into quarters lengthwise.
2. Put the salad leaves in a bowl and toss with the strawberries.
3. Whisk together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar and garlic to make the dressing, season with salt and pepper.
4. Drizzle the dressing over the salad, top with crumbled feta or goats cheese and walnuts.
5. Serve as side with cooked meats.
Nutrition per serving
Like it? Share it!