Vegan Caesar Salad
The salad season has officially begun, and we're celebrating it with this bright and tasty vegan Caesar salad.
We've replaced the typical chicken breast with creamy avocado, which makes the salad even lighter, thus a perfect choice for lunch, as it will not leave you sluggish and stuffed.
The dressing is unbelievably tasty and straightforward. The pretty pink pomegranate is not only eye-pleasing but will make your taste buds explode with a little bit of sweetness and crunch - a perfect combination.
Plus, no animals have been hurt in the making of this bad boy salad, so it's a winner.
Prep: 15 mins
What you need
For the dressing:
- 1/4 cup (62g) natural soy yogurt
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tsp. mustard
For the salad:
- 1 romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 2 slices brown bread, toasted and chopped
- 1 pomegranate, seeds to serve
What to do
1. Firstly, toast your bread. In the meantime, make the dressing, place all the dressing ingredients in cup/bowl season to taste, and mix well until smooth, then set aside.
2. Next, assemble the salad in bowls (lettuce, avocado, bread) and garnish with the pomegranate seeds. Top with 2 tbsp of the dressing and serve.
Nutrition per serving
Like it? Share it!